Last Updated: May 25, 2018
1. What We Collect
When you interact with our Service, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”).
Personal Data You Give Us. When you sign up for or use the Service, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including your name, email address, phone number, payment info, and physical address. You may also have elected to give us access to your contacts.
We may also collect non-Personal Data, such as your time zone or language.
Automatically Collected Data: When you use the Services, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information (“log data”) that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Service.
- Device information: Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities.
2. How We Use Data
We use the Personal Data we collect, as described above:
- To authenticate users, provide the Service, process transactions and respond to your requests. If you give us access to your contacts, we’ll store those contacts on our servers for you to use. This will make it easy for you to do things like share send emails, and invite others to use the Service. For users located within the EU, this use is necessary to perform the contract with you.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To customize the user experience.
- To better understand how visitors interact with our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you, and as part of our efforts to keep our Site, network and information systems secure.
- To conduct analytics to inform our marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize our communications and the experience we offer to our users.
- To provide communications by post which we think will be of interest to you.
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfill your request, to keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing.
- To conduct research on user demographics, interests and behavior based on your Personal Data and other information provided to us in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve our users. We compile and analyze this research on an aggregated basis, and may share this aggregated data with our partners.
- Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future to tell you about services we believe will be of interest to you. Where required by law, we will only send you marketing communications if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your Personal Data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you or by updating your user settings. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below. We will continue to contact you via email regarding the provision of our Services and to respond to your requests.
For information on your rights under the applicable European Union (“EU”) law, please see the “European Union (EU) Users” section below.
3. With Whom
We may share your Personal Data and other information with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of a service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
- Business Partners: We may disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- Other Users: Our Service displays portions of your Personal Data like your name and email address to other users in places like your user profile and sharing notifications. Certain features let you make additional information available to other users.
- Administrators: If your account has been assigned or provided to you by someone else, for example your employer, an administrator or another user who has invited you to access and use the Service, they may have the ability to access and view your use of the Service and your Personal Data. Please refer to your employer’s internal policies if you have questions about this.
- Law and Order: We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties if required to do so by law, applicable regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our property rights, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect any person from death or serious bodily injury, or (iv) protect us against legal liability.
We will never sell your Personal Data to advertisers or other third-parties.
4. Around the world.
To provide you with the Service, we may store, process and transmit your Personal Data in the United States and locations around the world – including those outside your country. By accessing and using the Service, you consent to us storing, processing and transmitting your Personal Data outside of the country you reside, or are located, at the time you access and use the Service. Your Personal Data may also be stored locally on the devices you use to access the Service If you are located in the European Economic Area, the countries we transfer your Personal Data to may have protection laws less stringent than or otherwise different from the laws in effect in your own country. We will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your Personal Data receives adequate protection, wherever processed. You can ask more information on these safeguards by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Data Retention
6. European Union (EU) Users
Scope. This section provides information on your rights under EU law (for these purposes, reference to the EU also includes the European Economic Area countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway).
Data Controller. Highfive Technologies Inc. is the data controller for your Personal Data. To find out our contact details, please see the “Contact Us” section below.
Your Rights. Subject to EU law, you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to erase your Personal Data in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we shared your data with others, we will alert them to the need for erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you where we process that Personal Data in an automated way. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest (described under the “How We Use Data” section above) to process your Personal Data — unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing; or
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your Personal Data, including profiling, unless this is necessary in relation to a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent to this use.
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may contact us at email@example.com to exercise your rights.
7. Publicly Posted Information
8. Our Policy Toward Children
9. Links To Other Sites
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the Service may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing your Personal Data to us via the Internet.
11. Cookies and Other Technologies.
If you would like to request information about third parties that collect Personal Data on our site for direct marketing purposes please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Update Your Information
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will address your request as required by applicable law. You are also able to update your Personal Data yourself from your user settings.
14. Contact Us